Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This bitter earth.

People are strange. Usually creatures of habit...mostly, they stick to their comfort zones. Those few spontaneous ones...the risk takers, the rebels; those are the ones I tend to gravitate towards. I am myself, a self-proclaimed wild child. Though I'm more subdued these days, I still have that fire inside, that urge to get up and go. I think that's why monotony bores me. Not to say that I can't maintain relationships, or remain in one place for a while...despite the fact that my track record may relay a different story, I can. Things in those relationships just need to be fun, and interesting.

It's funny to me how other people do things, you know they're not happy with. How they'll just settle for the situation they're in. To me, that kind of life will never be satisfying. I feel for those people. Those who convince themselves they can live that way, or with people they despise.
I did far too much settling, and convincing in my life. With significant others as well as platonic relationships. I'm finished with that. There's things I want to do, and places I wanna go that I've put off for years for the sake of someone else's happiness. Not anymore.

I just wish everyone could make that change in their lives, because you've only got this one shot at it, and it would be a damn shame to waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment