Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's all fun and games until someone gets hit with a wine bottle.

Here's the thing...I'm not a low life. I do not have any inclination with affiliating myself with such people either. I do not want to be the 50 year old drunk woman choking people and getting in people's faces, screaming and looking undeniably ridiculous. I do not want to be the "fiance" shacking up in the basement feeling as if that fact gives me some sort of prominence. These occurrences simply solidify the fact that alcohol is the least of my priorities, and is not essential to my well-being.

It is the furthest thing from a necessity at this point in my life to subject myself to an environment that breeds this type of behavior. While it may be poignant and formidable to do so, as this wasn't always the case, sometimes extracting yourself from an obviously virulent situation is the only way to move on with your life.

Amidst the melancholy and the tribulation, there is something inside me that feels tranquility and revitalization.

Here's to moving on and to my future endeavors. Let's hope it's clear skies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment