Sunday, May 23, 2010

Potato tossing, fish shooting, & garlic baseball.

It's funny what you'll find to amuse yourself with limited resources, and stripped of basically any modern techonology. Other than a thermal imaging camera, which you'll really only use to take a picture of a pee stream.

Aside from the fist-sized bees, and the threat of ticks and chiggers always in the horizon...it was a wonderfully relaxing, and refreshing get away. I got to shoot 3 different guns which I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to now.

I'd like to go back, although at this point in time in the year, it's insanely hot, making it incredibly hard to be active between the hours of like...8 a.m. and 6 p.m.

There's almost nothing I can think of that is better than sitting around a campfire with a beer and some friends with incredible stars and the sounds of frogs and owls as your soundtrack.

Well...back to the grind tomorrow. Til next time middle o' nowhere Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment